Announcing Something NewPosted: March 25, 2015 | Author: Fr. Leo
For today’s Solemn Feast of the Annunciation, we recognize that God so loved the world that He sent His only Son into the world. Because of Mary’s “yes” to the Archangel Gabriel’s invitation to be the mother of God Most High, we now have the feast of feasts – 9 months later – called Christmas! This “announcement” of something new, inspires our Grace Before Meals team to do some new things as well.
Here are some highlights:
(1) Next week you’ll see a new format for the email blasts, including a new “splash page” when you log onto Grace Before Meals. Be sure to check it out next week. We will continue to host the same dynamic content connecting food, faith, family and fun, but with a slightly new look.
The young man to my left is considering studying for the priesthood.
(2) We continue to partner with other evangelization groups, such as RedeemedOnline.com for their #ShareJesus Project during this Lenten Season. Be sure to check out the last video I did with them, where I compare a resurrected body versus the body of a zombie!
(3) CRS Rice Bowls was an important part of our Lenten Journey. As we come to the close of the Lenten Season, we realize the our compassion doesn’t end, but takes on new meaning. Consider making these meatless dishes throughout the year. They’re not only delicious, but it will remind of the powerful connection we have with people around the world – especially those who need our help throughout the year. Click HERE for the recipe.
(4) While we’ve taken trips around Europe and even in the United States, we’re proud to bring you a trip to Spain – a country filled with a dynamic history, a mystical faith tradition, and known for their international cuisine. Currently, we are offering a $200.00 discount for those who register before May 1, 2015! If you want a life changing experience and travel to Spain with me and Patrick Coffin, call Select International today at 800.842.4842 and speak with Susan.
(5) Last week, Grace Before Meals took a new step in establishing our non-profit outreach called, “The Table Foundation: Elevating Culture and Family Life, One Meal at a Time.” We had our first board meeting with people across the country and we are excited to take next steps. To learn more, visit the website thetablefoundation.org and prayerfully consider how you can get involved.
Our celebration today changed world history. God doesn’t want us to “stay the same” but to be constantly trying to improve ourselves, our relationships, and to improve our ability to love and serve God and each other. We hope you hear that invitation from God and announce the Good News to all!
The Parish Mission at St. Michael’s Parish in Livonia, MI. How exciting to fill the church with people seeking a renewal of faith!
Food for Thought:
(1) How did you celebrate this Annunciation Feast Day?
(2) Is there anything “new” that you can do to serve God better?
(3) Did you learn any new recipes from this Lenten Season?
Let us pray:
Father, we thank you for Mary’s yes to the Archangel Gabriel. May we experience grace from this Feast Day and allow God’s love to touch us and heal us. May the reality of God becoming man be a sign for us to live more like Jesus, who touched people’s hearts and feeding their hungry souls. Bless us on our remaining Lenten journey. Bless our Grace Before Meals team with zeal to do something dynamic and new for your kingdom. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.Categories: