Wanted: Taste Testers for Fr. Leo’s New Book of Recipes
***NOTE: I realize this is not a normal “From the Feedbag” E-mail Blast, but I had to share some of our fun and exciting news. I’ll get back to answering some of the great questions you all send to us at gracebeforemeals.com in future blasts.***
First, being the day before Thanksgiving, I want to thank each of you for supporting us and keeping up with our movement. I am so thankful for my family, friends and each of you, along with this great opportunity to help strengthen families and relationships through tasty food…that’s what Thanksgiving’s all about! As we spend time with our loved ones, we pray for safe travels and true thanks for the Lord our God for his many blessings in our lives, which includes the delicious food we eat, but more importantly, the people in our lives we have to share this meal with.
(Couples from Westminster, Maryland who won a dinner date night prepared by me.)
And now, after so many months (OK, years actually), I finished writing Spicing Up Married Life – a book of recipes full of romantic dinners for couples. Sounds intriguing, right? If you’re dating, engaged, newlyweds, or celebrating golden-year anniversary marriages, this book is geared to help strengthen your relationship.
To summarize, it has 12 chapters so that a couple can celebrate a monthly (not annual) anniversary. Each chapter contains a bite-sized theological essay about relationships and marriage vows. Questions for dinner conversation, recipes, and a prayer round out each chapter, so couples can have meaningful meals that inspire them to love God and each other more faithfully. Needless to say, I’m very excited about this book and what it can do to help couples find deeper love around the dinner table.
(Tom and Teresa Green of Westminster, Maryland. This is one of the parish’s couples who helped me teach Marriage Preparation. You may also recognize them from the Throwdown! with Bobby Flay episode! They were the “test family” on the episode. I’ve had many meals with them and great conversations about strengthening marriage through faith.)
Now that I’ve told you about the book, I also want to invite you to be a part of the process. Here’s an invitation to be a Grace Before Meals recipe tester!
If interested, we need to hear from you by next Thursday, December 1, 2011. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Click here to email the Project Manager with “GBM Taste Tester” in the subject line. In your email, let us know if you’re in a relationship (dating, engaged or married for any number of years). Let us know that you want to try out one of the chapter’s recipes!
- Tell us about your cooking experience. What type of cook are you? Novice? Moderate? Experienced Chef? Tell us if you have any food allergies, or if there’s a dish or food item you’re interested in testing.
- When our team receives all of the requests, we will select 12 recipe testers – one for each chapter. We will then send you a recipe and ask you to prepare the meal by a certain date. Cook the recipe exactly as it’s written. However, if there is a typo or if you have questions about measurements or portion sizes, you can give our team a call to clarify how best to proceed. Once you’ve made the entire meal, give us your HONEST feedback. In some cases, I will even help pay for your dinner date! But, you have to be honest with your comments and experience.
- Once we receive your feedback and process all of the comments, we’ll keep your name and contact information on file in order to include your name in the acknowledgements of the new book. Just let us know how you want your name to appear. We may even use some of your written comments in the book as well!
- When the new book is printed, you’ll be the first to receive an official signed copy as our way of saying thanks for participating in our movement’s efforts to strengthen relationships..
(When I was in Guam, I did a presentation just for married couples and had a long-time engaged couple help make the meal.)
(Intimidating! Hearing the judges’ impressions of the two different plates of food – Bobby Flay’s fajitas or mine? Well, you know how that turned out. Prayer pushed our fajita to victory!)
(Participating couples at a Grace Before Meals event at St. Patrick’s Church, Bellefontaine, Ohio, January 2011.)
Now, I know many people will ask, “When can we expect the book to be in stores?” That depends on how fast we get the recipe testers’ feedback, the publisher contracts signed, and the book layout finalized. We want to make this a special gift book for couples, so it may take a few months. But, don’t worry; those who participated in the test kitchen will certainly be sent the first books, hot off the press! And those who subscribe to our website will be the first to know about pre-orders through our E-mail Blasts.
Consider this “From the Feedbag” a little invitation letter to all of you – especially those interested in being a recipe tester for one of my unique recipes specifically designed for couples.
(You could be taste-testing one of these romantic dinner creations from me, but made especially for your spouse!)
Let us pray:
God, grant our movement the grace to persevere in spreading the Good News to all families, and especially to encourage loving relationships for couples. May our efforts bear great fruits that feed hungry souls, and also inspire servants to feed those who need God’s love through a blessed meal. Keep us focused on feasting on Your goodness that You share with us at every Mass. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
(Happy Newlyweds – they know if they find God, they find love!)
DON’T FORGET to tune in to the new show, Mass Confusion on CTV, set to air this Thanksgiving at 8:30pm. The show stars my good friends, Greg and Jennifer Willits of the popular radio show, “The Catholics Next Door,” on SiriusXM 129.
If you have any questions or comments, and want Fr. Leo’s perspectives, feel free and let us know. Fr. Leo is happy to try and answer as many questions as possible in future emails. We will always keep you anonymous. But, your questions help us better understand how our movement can be of service to you. We consider your questions and comments important dinner conversation, so please post your comments below.
- All Souls Day
- Blast from the Past
- CRS Rice Bowl
- Culinary Confessions
- Dinner Discussion
- Entertaining Truth
- Epic Food Fight
- Faithful Foodie
- Feast Days
- Food for the Body
- Food for the Soul
- Food for Thought
- From the Feedbag
- Grace Before Meals
- In Memory
- Menu Inspiration
- Merry Christmas
- New Year
- Past Emails
- Recipe- Dessert
- Recipe- Pork
- Recipe-Side Dishes
- Restauraunt Reviews
- Savoring Our Faith
- Simply Blogging
- Special Religious Theme
- Spicing Up Married Life
- Taste Tester
- The Table Foundation
- What's On the Table